By completing this course you will:
- Survey the best interview practices in the field of oral history;
- Understand how to create historically contextualized interviews;
- Learn about the theory of subjectivity and intersubjectivity;
- Cultivate empathy for yourself to avoid burnout; and
- Learn to create space for narrators to tell their stories on their own terms.
- 304. W – Watch videos about best practices for interviewing.
- 304. I – Interact with exercises to prepare you to troubleshoot interviews.
- 304. S – Study with experts and learn best practices for interviewing.
- 304. E – Engage your colleagues and share your insights.